- ? Is Joseph Gordon-Levitt the new Batman? Citing unnamed sources, HitFix is reporting that he will indeed be the actor wearing the cowl in the upcoming Justice League movie. While this makes sense given how The Dark Knight Rises was building up the John Blake character, don’t consider the story anything more than rumor mill fodder/wishful fanboy thinking until Warner Bros. makes it official.
- ? Speaking of Batman, The Dark Knight Rises hits DVD and Blu-ray on December 4th. While you prepare yourself for the annoyance that will be everyone around you impersonating Bane (again), check out this lengthy featurette on the film. You can find previews of more special features from the release over at /Film.
- ? The first plot description Star Trek Into Darkness has been released…and we still don’t know what the hell it is about. From Badass Digest (who also has an unmissable breakdown of what this all probably means):
When the crew of the Enterprise is called back home, they find an
unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization has
detonated the fleet and everything it stands for, leaving our world in a
state of crisis.
With a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a
war-zone world to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction.
As our heroes are propelled into an epic chess game of life and death,
love will be challenged, friendships will be torn apart, and sacrifices
must be made for the only family Kirk has left: his crew.
Makes sense…in the most ambiguous way possible. Thanks J.J.!
- ? Cumberbatchians and Freemen the world over are in mourning over Vulture‘s reports that Sherlock won’t be back until 2014 at the earliest.
- ? Here’s a teensy bit of new information and lots of photos from this year’s Doctor Who Christmas episode, “The Snowmen.”
- ? Producer Rick McCallum has retired. Den of Geek ponders what this might mean for that live-action Star Wars series. Not that any of us actually believed it would happen anyway.
- ? Comics Alliance has a round-up of production art from the cancelled live-action version of Akira.
- ? Toy News International presents this breakdown of the new TMNT action figure assortment.
- ? BACON PANCAKES IS THE MEME THAT WON’T DIE!
- ? Need something to wash all those bacon pancakes down with? Then allow me to suggest some Pepsi Energy Cola. Even though it’s endorsed by the Dark Lord of the Sith himself, I can’t help but think that Darth Vader doesn’t exactly have discernible taste buds, what with the lava and the burning and all. Since this drink is only available in Japan right now, my guess is that it gets more bitter with each subsequent sip. Just like the Star Wars films themselves! I kid! (Via Food Invasion)
You know that the universe is permanently topsy turvy when “Gangnam Style” is sweeping the nation, but the infinitely better “Bacon Pancakes” is only known to Adventure Time fanboys. At least that’s the lesson I gleaned from the above mash-up with “Empire State of Mind.” If you can’t get enough bacon pancake-y fun, here’s a 10 hour version of the song. Disclaimer: Topless Robot is not responsible for any damage that you may do to yourself by watching that.